Another month is done and I’m writing another wrap up. These seem to come around quicker each month. Does anyone else think the same?
May has been my best reading month in quite some time. I finished sixteen books and took part in fourteen blog tours. The quality of books has again been high with all books being four stars or above.
Here’s what I read in May:
- He Started It by Samantha Downing ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Who We Were by B. M. Carroll ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Happy Couple by Samantha Hayes ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Secrets of Sunshine by Phaedra Patrick ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- One Mistake by Rona Halsall ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dear Child by Romy Hausmann ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- What Lies Between Us by John Marrs ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Ash Mountain by Helen Fitzgerald ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Her Last Mistake (Detective Gina Harte Book 6) by Carla Kovach ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Tsarina by Ellen Alpsten ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Bride by Wendy Clarke ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Glass House by Eve Chase ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- His & Hers by Alice Feeney ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Ice Cream Girls by Dorothy Koomson⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Water’s Edge (Detective Megan Carpenter Book 2) by Gregg Olsen ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Majesties by Tiffany Tsao ⭐⭐⭐⭐
You can read the reviews for all the books by clicking on the title except for The Ice Cream Girls and The Majesties. My reviews for those books will be posted in the coming week.
This month there were two books that stood out as favourites for me. They are very different books and I found it impossible to choose one over the over. Therefore, I have two books of the month: What Lies Between Us and Tsarina. What Lies Between Us is an outstanding thriller that was so twisted I can’t stop thinking about it. John Marrs really outdid himself with this book and I’m hoping it is turned into a series or film soon. Tsarina is the epic story of Catherine, Tsarina of All the Russias. Catherine’s story is one so crazy that you couldn’t make it up. The novel is beautifully written and I was utterly immersed in Catherine’s world while reading. I already had a fascination with the fall of the Tsars but this novel brought about a greater interest in the Tsars reign and Catherine and Peter’s stories in particular. I highly recommend both books.
Are any of these in your tbr? What is your favourite book you’ve read this month?
Next month I have a slightly more relaxed schedule of blog tours which I’m looking forward to as maybe I’ll get to do more free reading soon. I’m very excited about my buddy read of The Phone Box at the Edge of the World with Beth as it’s our first buddy read and the book is one of my most anticipated books of the year.
Thank you to all the tagged publishers for my gifted copies of these books.
Hope you are all staying safe and well,