I can’t believe we’re a third of the way through the year already. April has been a strange month for the world with us being in lockdown. For me, that’s meant mostly getting used to not having a quiet house during the day Monday to Friday, which is when I do a lot of my reading and blogging. I’ve also had to hand over my laptop to our eldest as his is broken so I’m restricted in my times I can write.
In terms of reading, April has been another strong month for me. I’ve read thirteen books, taken part in fifteen blog tours, two cover reveals, one readalong and one buddy read. So here is what I’ve read this month:
- Mine by Clare Empson ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Strangers by C.L. Taylor ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Philosopher’s Daughters by Alison Booth ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- All In Her Head by Nikki Smith ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Fallout by Rebecca Thornton ⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Switch by Beth O’Leary ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- I Am Dust by Louise Beech ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- What’s Left of Me Is Yours by Stephanie Scott ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Thunder Girls by Melanie Blake ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The House Guest by Mark Edwards ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- We Begin at the End by Chris Whitaker ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- So Many Lies by Paul J. Teague ⭐⭐⭐⭐
You can read the synopsis and reviews for what I’ve read this month by clicking on the links above except for The House Guest, which will be reviewed next month.
So many great books means it’s hard to choose a favourite. And this month it was almost impossible. I loved Hamnet and was sure nothing would top that; until I read the breathtaking debut novel, What’s Left Of Me Is Yours. I still think about that book many times each day and am constantly recommending everyone read it. So if you haven’t yet bought a copy you can use the links in my review to do it now! Other books I feel deserve a shout out are the fantastic thrillers Strangers and All In Her Head, the heartwarming and uplifting The Switch, and the brilliantly sinister I Am Dust. Each of these were also contenders for my book of the month.
Thank you to the publishers for my gifted copies of the books and the blog tour organisers for all their hard work.
What have you read this month and what was your favourite? Comment below.
2 replies on “Monthly Wrap Up – April 2020”
OMG you got an early ARC of THE SWITCH!!! It’s so pretty! I heard some of the ARCs have a cut out door.😍
LikeLiked by 1 person
They do. Mine was like that. One I’ll keep for sure ❤️