So the summer is at an end. August has been a great month for me. I read lots of great books, completed my Goodreads Reading Challenge, and celebrated on year on Bookstagram. I was thrilled to take part in a number of blog tours and am excited for the many I have coming up the rest of this year.
So here is what I’ve read in August:
- The Girl at The Window by Rowan Coleman ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Take It Back by Kia Abdullah ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Where I Found You by Emma Robinson ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (now titled My Silent Child)
- Mother Knows Best by Kira Peikoff ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Roam by Erik Therme ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- The Sixth Wicked Child by JD Barker ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Dear Child by Romy Haussmann (sampler)
- The Familiars by Stacey Halls ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Degrees of Guilt by HS Chandler ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Home Truths by Susan Lewis ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Elevator Pitch by Linwood Barclay ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Nobody’s Wife by Laura Pearson ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- A Shadow on the Lens by Sam Hurcom ⭐⭐⭐⭐
In total I read 13 books and one sampler this month. As you can see they were all highly rated. It seems that each month the quality of what I read gets stronger and as such I’ve decided that instead of attempting the impossible task of choosing a favourite, I will instead highlight the ones that stood out and were my highest rated. My standout titles were The Girl at the Window, Take It Back, The Family Upstairs, The Familiars, The Sixth Wicked Child and Elevator Pitch.
The reviews for The Familiars, Elevator Pitch, Degrees of Guilt and A Shadow on the Lens will be available on the blog in the coming weeks as part of the blog tours and the reviews for most of the others are in past posts (I’m behind on some reviews so haven’t yet written my review for The Family Upstairs).
What did you read this month? Have you read any of these books or are they on your tbr? Let me know in the comments below.
*Thank you to the publishers and to NetGalley for the ARCs I read this month.
One reply on “August Wrap Up”
Quite a few are on my wishlist, one or two on my TBR, I’m looking forward to reading them.